4000 gone, 1000 more to go - Word count 48,411 (wp) 62,750 (pr)

Sunday, November 12, 2006, 6:00 PM

Yep, that's right - I'm four fifths of the way to meeting my weekend challenge. I've got to quit now, have a rehearsal (part of my other life as a musician) but I'll come back when that's over to hopefully rattle off at least another 1000.

I should point out that I'm not writing words for their own sake, here. My story is very lean with no padding to beef up the word count. Come rewrite time I'll probably have to go back and add quite a bit of visual description for settings and characters as my writing has tended to emphasise action, dialogue and how things feel to the POV characters. As it's written in third person limited I'm very much in the POV character's head in each scene and they are more concerned about what's happening and how they feel about it than what colour the walls are, so that's reflected in the prose. Maybe that's a good thing? Anyway, I'll be addressing those issues when I'm finished the first draft and not before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home