I did it! - Word count 50,232 (wp) 65,000 (pr)

Sunday, November 12, 2006, 11:20 PM

Well, I met my challenge to write 5000 words this weekend. In fact, I bettered it by 1000. 6074 words, to be precise. I'm pleased with that, despite it meaning I sacrificed a few of the other things I was supposed to do with my precious two days.

I've just re-read the last scene. It's just about the nastiest there's going to be in the whole novel. I did mention this was horror/paranormal thriller, didn't I? Nothing is described in detail, but it's hinted that the antagonist is about to do something really awful. I think this one scene will either make people keep reading to the end in one sitting (the bad guy will really deserve his comeuppance now) or make them put it down never to be lifted again (how could you do that? That's awful!). I wonder, assuming anyone ever reads it, if it will occur to people that what they think just happened was entirely in their own imagination? I didn't describe this thing, I didn't even say it happened. I merely presented the possibility that it might be about to happen.

Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah! (rubs hands together in an evil fashion)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home