Rewrite - Day 2

Wednesday, December 27, 2006, 11:59 AM

So far I've revised the first seven chapters. I've modified some sentences, removed clunks, and generally spruced things up. I've also made some significant changes, such as more description of the settings (something the first draft severely lacked) and revised some points to better connect to what happens later as the story progresses. I've also dropped in a few things to foreshadow events toward the end of the novel - the things that surprised me as I wrote them, so couldn't anticipate at the start.

I'm being methodical about this. As I go I'm keeping a record of what's been changed, plus a summary of each chapter's events. My hope is that when this rewrite is done I can read through the summaries and see any further changes that need to be made in terms of the plot's development. Also, it might help me when it comes time to write the dreaded synopsis.

Anyway, I'm still having fun with this. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home