Ideas! Ideas! Too many ideas!

Saturday, February 24, 2007, 6:27 PM

My last short story (the second I've ever completed) went down very well at Elektra's Crapometer. I got some good, constructive critique there which I've applied in the revised version below. The idea has stuck with me all week, and I think there's a novel in it. Problem is, I've got two other novel ideas cooking right now and one of them's already started. What to do?!

In other news:

I'm holding off on submitting Conduit to any other agents. I've made three queries so far, and had two form rejections. I haven't heard anything from the third agent yet, so I'm going to leave it for now. I'm going to do what I should have done originally and leave the novel untouched for a while before going back to it with a fresh eye. Maybe working on one of my new novel ideas will help me get that distance - but which one?

I'm also seriously considering coming out as a writer. I've kept my identity secret here, but as my confidence grows I feel more inclined to put my name to things. If my first short story is picked up by Electric Spec (see its comments) then the decision will be out of my hands. I've been working a little on a website (that's what I do for a living, as well as working as a musician) to promote things. If I can claim a legitimate publishing credit, then I'll put it online and put some samples of stuff out there. With my name on it. That's a scary thought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home