Page 123

Tuesday, April 03, 2007, 7:47 PM

A few weeks back, Sex Scenes at Starbucks posted an interesting exercise on her blog. The idea is to go to page 123 of your work in progress, go to the fifth line, and take an excerpt from that paragraph. At the time I was at page twenty-something, so did it with page 23. Now I've reached page 123 I'm having another go. Here it is (complete with my customary foul language):

Campbell grinned as Toner dragged him out to the street.

"What the fuck are you at?" asked Toner, his watery eyes wide, his mouth gaping under his thick moustache.

"He was asking for it," said Campbell.

Toner straightened his black tie. "Jesus Christ, Davy! Eddie Coyle's an arsehole, everyone knows that, but you don't beat the shit out of him in front of his mates if you're looking to make friends around here."

Campbell pointed to the Jaguar at the kerb. "That yours?"

"Aye," said Toner, seeming to grow a full inch taller.

Campbell picked glass from his palm. "Well, quit yapping and take me to McGinty."



What I'm particularly pleased with is that I've written almost 100 pages just a few weeks. :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

I like the foul language. It's my favorite part.

But then, I come from sailor-stock.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it! very visual.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home