I am to be published!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007, 10:09 PM

I mentioned it subtly yesterday, but I have learned that my short story 'Me and the Devil Blues' is to be included in the next issue of Electric Spec. I know this is a small publication, but the quality of work carried there makes me feel very priviliged, and given the discerning nature of the editors, I feel I can claim this as a very respectable publishing credit.

And a legitimate pub cred is a big, big help come query time.

I also feel pretty chuffed considering this was the first short story I'd written since I was at school, which wasn't yesterday or the day before. All in all, I'm happy and excited about this development. It has boosted my confidence no end.

Now I just need to get my website up and running before the end of the month. Seeing as that's what I do for a living, you'd think it'd be a cinch...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger McKoala said...

Congratulations! I remember that fine story from the crapometer.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Stuart Neville said...

Thanks, McKoala! :)

8:37 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

We're lucky to have you. :)

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home