Synopses vs Gardening: Which do I hate more?

Monday, August 27, 2007, 7:16 PM

That's a tough question. Some people don't mind writing synopses, and some people actually like gardening. I say they're crazy (and yes, Betsy, I mean you! :P ). But, as much as I despise these activities, I had to do both today.

At least with gardening, there's an easy solution: concrete. I'm seriously considering just covering the whole bloody lot up so I don't ever have to look at it again. I can't do that with synopses.

But, there is light on the horizon. My synopsis is down to about 850 words, or four pages at 12pt Courier double spaced. Unless agents specifically require their synopses to be shorter or longer, I think I can live with that. And I think it reads reasonably well.

Given that while I was heaving greenery from my weedbeds (I don't have flowerbeds, I have weedbeds) I was itching to get back to the computer, I suppose gardening tops synopses in the hate stakes.

At least I don't get attacked by ants when I write a synopsis. Usually.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

I'd take writing a synopsis over digging in the unamended bedrock that serves for soil in my yard. But, give me good soft dirt and I actually like to plant all the pretty flowers.

Concrete. Hmm. Nothing says "a single guy lives here" like a big expanse of concrete. Throw a couple of rusted out cars on top and you'll never have to deal with a girlfriend again!

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting to think that ants have banded together to target writers in particular. Every time I try to write outside in the beautiful green grass of one of the many parks around here, ants attack within minutes. This seems odd considering there are perfectly happy families eating plenty of sugary goodies around me. They are not being attacked. I'm afraid it may be a conspiracy.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Stuart Neville said...

Katemoss, you may be right. Maybe they think we should all be vegetating in front of televisions so thay can take over the world while our brains rot...

9:33 AM  
Blogger jjdebenedictis said...

I offer synopsis-writing sympathies. I've just started trying to write mine.

*whimpers*

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home