A most interesting post...

Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 10:51 PM

...from someone who actually knows what they're talking about can be found on Moonrat's blog.

I'm not sure if it was prompted by the first in the fabulous Conduit Lectures posts (in which I demonstrate that I don't know what I'm talking about), but it goes a long way to shedding light on why the publishing industry seems to move so slowly. An interesting read, and amongst all the blogs about the publishing industry out there at the minute, it's one of the most informative I've read in quite some time.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

Interesting.

I really think it's our right brain and left brains at war. Or maybe it's professionals vs hobbyists. You want someone to read your book? You want to just "be read" by someone? That's easy to find.

BUT, if you want to SELL books, then you listen to the professionals.

3:57 PM  
Blogger moonrat said...

it wasn't at all retaliatory, i just thought you made a good point. when i sat back to think about why things are so "glacial" (good word) i realized that what i can do at my level is really, really limited. i'm not sure how i can personally reform the entire sell-in mechanism. sigh. any ideas?

5:39 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

Well, the internet downloadable book idea is pretty damned slow to catch on, but it gets words in front of the readers quicker. Even our small zine takes a solid six weeks to get out. This shit takes time.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Hey Conduit - I'm doing another story building exercise. Please pop by!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Stuart Neville said...

I was going to say I didn't have time, but I couldn't resist!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home