Help! What do I write next?!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 9:23 PM

I've been a very lazy boy and haven't put any effort into pitching the last novel apart from a couple of tentative queries a few weeks ago. I got a nibble or two, but no cigar. Now, having given the novel one more going over, I'm ready to start querying seriously.

In the meantime, I've recharged my batteries after not writing much of anything for a while, and I'm ready to have another go. Problem is, I can't decide what to write next. I've got four pretty solid ideas (actually, I've got more, but these are the one I want to tackle) that I'm torn between. Two are deliberate attempts at something more commercial, while one is very dark, and the fourth plays into my own personal interests (it's got guitars in it!).

So, I'd like some help. I'm looking for some volunteers to read the short 'pitch' I've written for each and see which one, if you were in a book shop, you would take to the counter. If you'd like to take part and earn my eternal gratitude, just email me at info@stuartneville.com (or leave an email address in the comments) and I'll send you back a link to where you can read all four.

I'll see how it goes, but if people think that's too much kerfuffle sendng emails about, I'll post the link temporarily in the comments trail.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger moonrat said...

go on, then.

moonratty@gmail.com

10:03 PM  
Blogger Stuart Neville said...

Thanks, Moonrat. Winging its way to you now. Be gentle with me...

10:33 PM  
Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

I'd love to read it!

ello.echo@gmail.com

6:49 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

You already know you can send me any thing, any time.

Write what you love. Write what haunts you in the daytime. Write what will hold you from the pub at night. Write what will keep you from returning phone calls and emails (even to me). Write from your heart and it will be brilliant.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Josephine Damian said...

My first instinct was to advise you to pick the project that you feel you know/worked up/fleshed out the characters the best - that should be the easiest to write.

But feel free to send your pitches, bro:

josephinedamian at earthlink.net

3:18 PM  
Blogger Chris Eldin said...

Me too! I'm all ears right now!

abenchpress@hotmail.com

:-)

2:02 PM  
Blogger McKoala said...

I'll bite too. Would love to see what you're up to. You know where I am!

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home