My Town Monday

Monday, March 03, 2008, 5:42 PM


There's been a rash of My Town Monday posts at various blogs over the last few weeks. I have been tagged by Betsy, so I thought I'd post a photo of Armagh as seen from the back of my house. Although it did snow today, unusually for March, this was actually taken a few weeks ago. You can see St Patrick's Cathedral up on the hill, and in the middle distance there's the pub (the deep red walls with white windows) where I played my first gig with my first band exactly half a lifetime ago. The open ground to the front used to be a campus of my old grammar school. Just to the left of the camera's vision lies the dark doorway where I had another first experience some time in the late eighties...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

Really beautiful cathedral. Does it make you feel guilty when you don't go to church?

11:53 PM  
Blogger Josephine Damian said...

Conduit: I never thought of Ireland as a snowy place. Rainy? Yes, but not snowy.

Lovely photo as usual, and nice short essay that leaves me hanging, wanting to know more about the doorway where you had some sort of first experience... ah... my imagination is in overdrive pondering the possibilities.

Have you considered querying blogging agent Jennifer Jackson? She's second in command over at the Donald Maass agency and reps lots of hard boiled crime scribes.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Nice picture! Ok - so you are going to tell us more about where you live, right?

7:51 PM  
Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Now I have to find out how to see that documentary you mentioned. I found some info and it looks like it's a BBC production so hopefully I can catch it on BBC America that we have here or maybe on public broadcasting. I am all intrigued about it!

And I hope you one day put a youtube up with your voice cause I want to hear your accent!

Cheers!

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home