The Ghosts of Belfast to be Published in the USA by Soho Press

Friday, November 21, 2008, 6:43 PM

I'm delighted to report that THE GHOSTS OF BELFAST will be published in the USA by Soho Press, the independent New York house. Laura Hruska acquired it as part of a two-book deal from my ever-excellent agent Nat Sobel, and the book has found a wonderful home. Soho Press publish a range of literary and crime fiction, often set in foreign locales, and quite a few UK authors pitch their American tents there.

I'm particularly excited to receive this news among the doom and gloom currently shrouding the publishing industry. This report at TheBookseller.com was especially discouraging. It's good to know there are still publishers like Soho Press, and indeed Harvill Secker in the UK, who are willing to take a chance on a new author even in these uncertain times.

I'm told I'll have a cover design for the UK edition very soon, and when it appears I'll share it here along with some breaking news...

Labels: , , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Ah, man. That's fantastic news! Congratulations.

Now, you should go get pissed or something.

gb

7:03 PM  
Blogger moonrat said...

awesome :) laura's a visionary.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

That is wonderful news. I already know what I am giving out as a gift for next year. Can't wait to pre-order it.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Woo hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

That is such awesome news! Congratulations! I'm so glad it is coming out over here!

10:08 PM  
Blogger jjdebenedictis said...

I'll share it here along with some breaking news...

WhatWhatWhat?! You evil tease, you!

Congratulations, Stuart! (Will Soho be distributing in Canada?) I'm very excited for you!

11:38 PM  
Blogger McKoala said...

That's wonderful, Stuart. I've got to admit I'm getting excited about seeing the book! That's a point. Will it be distributed in Oz?! We often get UK editions here.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Wonderwood said...

Great news, Stuart. I'm looking forward to getting my copy as soon as they're available. If you do a publicity tour in the States, maybe I'll catch up with you and get you to sign it. All the best to you.

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a beacon of light in the dim-lit publishing news world. Congrats!

4:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congratulations! They've got a fantastic list -- what a great place for GoB.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

Just read about the 2 book deal with Soho. Congrats. That is huge news!

9:24 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

congratulations, stuart!!! that's so wonderful! YAY!!! =DDDD

3:16 AM  
Blogger Chris Eldin said...

Awesome news!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
:-)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Josephine Damian said...

Am wondering if the cover art will be different for the US readers than the UK readers.

Congrats!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Josephine Damian said...

Gerard!

Here in the US get pissed means get angry! lol A bit different meaning than get drunk.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Hi Josephine!

Darn it, I was trying to keep that comment transatlantic. Must try harder. :)

gb

12:48 AM  
Blogger Merry Monteleone said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you... and for me, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Congratulations, conduit!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Michelle Moran said...

CONGRATULATIONS :]

7:32 PM  
Blogger About Me said...

Cool news. Congrats! I read the excerpt of the Ghost of Belfast a few months ago. I think you have a great writing voice and the story is great. Can't wait to pick it up.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

OK, let me join the throng and congratulate you too. :o)

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I remember your first sentence from Nathan's blog...the first sentence contest.

Best.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home