Gerard Brennan is Having a Good Month

Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 10:11 PM

My blogging friend Gerard Brennan just announced some exciting news on his blog: he has been taken on by literary agent (and acclaimed crime writer) Allan Guthrie of Jenny Brown Associates. I've said it several times already, but it bears repeating - congratulations, Gerard, this is well deserved and long overdue.

And it comes in the wake of some short story successes. I posted the other day about Gerard's recent appearance in Thuglit, and he also just had a story appear in Three Crow Press.

Keep up the good work, Gerard.

In Other News

Congratulations are also due to Chris F Holm for a fine horror-crime mash-up that recently appeared in the Beat to a Pulp ezine.

I have received the final version of THE TWELVE's UK cover...

The differences are subtle, but I do think this version seems more balanced and cohesive. And that tag line is a nice touch. It's a recurring line of dialogue from the novel, so well done to whoever thought of putting it on the cover.



I also received the US design for THE GHOSTS OF BELFAST (as THE TWELVE shall be known there). This time it follows the corporate branding of Soho Press, with the characteristic white stripe for the title.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Oh that's fabulous! And I adore the US cover! Lucky for me since that is what I will be buying!!!! I also love the title Ghosts of Belfast!

This is so exciting!

10:52 PM  
Blogger McKoala said...

So exciting! And congratulations to Gerard, too, I know he's been a staunch supporter of Brand Neville.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

Will have to get over and congratulate Gerard, but before I do: the covers are nice but I prefer the UK version to the US one. It still won't stop me from buying two copies though.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

That is awesome, sir.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I, too, love the tagline. And now that you've posted the US cover, I know what to look for. To buy, of course, but also to sneak onto the front-of-store displays...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Stuart - Thanks again (again) for the coverage. It all adds up. Your karmic reward should be great.

That Soho edition will make a nice collectable. No doubt, David Torrans will stock it at No Alibis. He told Peter Rozovsky that his customers love their range.

gb

12:16 AM  
Blogger cindy said...

congrats! can't wait to get my grubby hands on it!! =DDD

4:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've never understood why the titles US editions of European novels has to change? However, will it be a simultaneous release her in the US?

2:15 AM  
Blogger Stuart Neville said...

Keith - I'm told the US release will be in October, but I haven't been givena specific date. As for title changes - I'm told it's pretty common, and it's usually for purely commercial reasons. It certainly was in my case; it was felt that exactly the connotations of The Ghosts of Belfast that would appeal to American readers could act as a turn off to UK readers.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

We have to wait until October?!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home