The Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon Out Tomorrow!

Monday, April 27, 2009, 8:27 PM


Tomorrow, Tuesday 28th of April, marks the launch of The Silver Phoenix: Beyond the Kingdom of Xia, the debut novel from my friend Cindy Pon. Many of my visitors here will already know Cindy, but for those who don't, she is an incredibly talented writer and artist. I saw one of her paintings close up while I was in New York, and it was one of the most exquisite pieces of art I've ever clapped eyes on. Cindy's ability with words is no less exceptional, and The Silver Phoenix is sure to be a huge hit with younger and older readers alike. Here's her rather excellent book trailer:



Buy the book online from an independent bookstore, Amazon, Borders, Barnes & Noble or call into your local book shop.

I believe Cindy is having a special celebration at her blog tomorrow, so be sure to drop by and wish her well. Also, another blogging friend Ellen Oh is running a contest all week at her blog in which you can win a signed copy of The Silver Phoenix.

On a personal note, I wish Cindy all the best with her debut novel, and congratulations on what I know is a dream come true. Cindy and I bagged our respective agents and publishing deals around the same time last year, and we both know the ups and downs of the process. So, good luck Cindy, you deserve all your success.

Oh, and she's a bit of a looker. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger cindy said...

<3

thanks so much for the shout out, stuart. i'm almost teary!! but yes! i'm running a contest and you've already done half the tasks for this post!! giving away some great prizes--including original chinese brush art.

i'm going all out. =DD

cheers!! and not sold rights to uk yet (tough nut, that!) BUT it's on amazon uk. xo

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and she's a bit of a looker. :)*feigning jealousy*

Oh,I'm too tired to feign for long - I am so excited for both of you and it's fun to compare the publishing journeys you each have taken!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home