God Bless Jeff Abbott (and some other folks)

Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 6:39 PM

A few weeks back, I was exchanging emails discussing book trailers with Jeff Abbott, the international best selling author of FEAR, PANIC, COLLISION and TRUST ME. Seeing as Jeff turned out to be an exceedingly nice chap, and of course he knows a thing or two about thrillers, I asked if he wouldn't mind having a look at my humble offering. To my delight, Jeff agreed, and today he came back with this:

"An astonishing debut. Brilliantly conceived, masterfully written, Stuart Neville’s THE TWELVE is both a heart-pounding thriller and a stunning examination of responsibility and revenge. He is going to be a major new voice in suspense fiction."

I am, of course, thrilled. Many, many thanks to Jeff for his kind words.

I was further cheered today to receive a sampling of responses that Random House have received from the advance copies of THE TWELVE that were send out a while back. Here are a few snippets:

"What an amazing book! I genuinely felt this book pulling me back like a magnet every time I tried to put it down because I just HAD to know how it was going to pan out."

"The book was superb ... absolutely riveting from 1st page to last."

"A welcome relief from the usual psychopath type novels that have very little plot which seem to flood the market at the moment."

"The Twelve is an excellent example of a work of fiction revealing the truth behind a society in a way that another type of writing might be too fearful to try."

"An absolutely brilliant read it had me hooked from beginning to end"

"Utterly and frighteningly believable."


So, not a bad day, then. Check back soon for my special 200th post.

UPDATE

While I was rattling off quotes, it was very remiss of me to fail to link to this very lovely review by Josephine Damian. Many thanks, Josephine.

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

And this surprised you?
It doesn't surprise me. :)

7:38 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

Really, though, they're great quotes and much deserved.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Josephine Damian said...

"A welcome relief from the usual psychopath type novels that have very little plot which seem to flood the market at the moment."

Ha! I resemble this remark!

*hangs head in shame*

9:00 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

woooHOOOOO! congrats to you, stuart!!!! YAY! =DDDD

10:31 PM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

I'm already buying your book, now the anticipation is killing me.

3:05 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

Clear out a couple of hours, Jamie. You're not going to want to put it down.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Awesome all around, Stuart!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Declan Burke said...

Excellent news, squire, and thoroughly deserved ... it's a terrific book.

Cheers, Dec

6:15 AM  
Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Dude - I have no doubts! Ever since reading your short story I've been blown away by your writing. I just can't wait to read this book!!!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Sandra Cormier said...

It couldn't happen to a nicer dude, Dude.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Glowing!! The more I hear of The Twelve the more desperate I am to read it. Can’t wait!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Christy Raedeke said...

Damn! Posts like this make it infinitely harder to wait for my pre-order of The Ghosts of Belfast.

Congrats on your great reviews!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home