My Blog Marathon is Over

Friday, July 03, 2009, 10:05 PM

I have now fulfilled my commitment to blogging every day up to publication. I think I did pretty well, all things considered. I only missed one day, and that was because I just plain forgot. And this post compensates for that one, seeing as I'm not really obliged to blog today. And I don't think the content of my posts was too bad. Sure, there were some fillers, but there were also some more substantial efforts.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is just to share a couple more photos. The first is from my joint launch with John Connolly at No Alibis last week. Can you tell it was a rather warm evening? Can you tell I was on my third beer?



And the next is to illustrate what being Waterstone's Irish book of the month looks like (courtesy of Keith at the Lisburn branch):



Incidentally, at the time of writing, THE TWELVE is at #265 in Amazon.co.uk's sales rank, #34 in Crime/Thrillers/Mystery, and #21 in the Mystery subcategory. Which is nice (waves at Aerin). :)

Update: Make that #237, #31 and #18. Which is even nicer.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Josephine Damian said...

If you're not in the top 100 tomorrow, (officially a best-selling author) I'll eat my hat.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Nice numbers! May they continue to rise.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Now you will have to keep us informed of your next project.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Great photo of you and John Connolly –- but I would love to know: who is the man in the painting behind you?

3:28 PM  
Blogger Cate Gardner said...

Fantastic. May it's ranking continue to rise.

5:13 PM  
Blogger McKoala said...

And we thought you blogged because you loved us...

8:58 AM  
Anonymous John Self said...

Bought the book today based on the review in yesterday's Guardian. For a long time I've avoided books about Belfast - particularly those touching on 'the Troubles' - probably because they were too close to home. This year though, I've read several good ones (among them Benedict Kiely's Proxopera, David Park's Swallowing the Sun and Susan McKay's Bear in Mind These Dead), which has actually increased my appetite for them. So I snapped up The Twelve and am looking forward to it.

However your photo above reminded me that I was embarrassed to see in the Waterstone's Book of the Month display in their Belfast branch that they've referred in their blurb to a "grizzly murder" in the book, which - unless the novel contains scenes of bear killing - I'm guessing should have been "grisly". Oops!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home