What are you doing this Saturday night? Going to see James Ellroy in Belfast, of course.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009, 10:31 AM


This Saturday evening, I'll be talking with a certain James Ellroy on stage at Belfast Waterfront. By sheer coincidence, Mr. Ellroy just happened to be reading at the Tattered Cover bookstore in Denver, Colorado, on the day I flew in to see Betsy Dornbusch. So Betsy, her husband Carlin and I all trooped over that evening to see the Demon Dog in the flesh.

James's monologue and reading was as entertaining as you could possibly want, and he proved to be open and amiable for the audience questions that followed. After the event, I was able to chat with my favourite author for a few minutes and grab this snap.

I'm looking forward to talking with James Ellroy again this Saturday night, but the difference is you'll be able to listen in. Tickets are available from the Waterfront box office (www.waterfront.co.uk) and from David Torrans at No Alibis (www.noalibis.com). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for anyone in Ireland who loves crime fiction to see its greatest living exponent up close and personal. You'd be a fool to miss it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gary Corby said...

Wish I could be there! Have a great time.

11:53 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

See he looks so friendly and unassuming there. Man, pictures can be deceiving...

1:16 AM  
Blogger Lewis Peters said...

A real coup and I am sure a great privilege for you.

How is judging the Twitter comp going?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Kick ass, Stuart.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Dewitt Albright said...

Stuart, great to meet you last night - I'm the guy who came up from Dublin with the Dudley Smith question. Thanks for signing your book for me - I can't wait to read and and you can count on me to spread the good word!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

That's just how he was in Philadelphia. He had the room gasping a bit and laughing a lot.
================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home